James Loomstein: With more than 15 years
experience in strategic planning, digital marketing and consumer
Loomstein is all about staying a step ahead of the digital
marketing status quo.
James is the managing partner at agency Rogue Marketing and adjunct professor at
Southern Methodist University Cox
School of Business. Follow Rogue Marketing on Twitter at
@RogueThink and follow
James at @jloomstein.
You can also find him on LinkedIn.
- The lonely realities of running your own agency vs working for
a brand or agency and why it might behoove you to work for a
- Have a hard skill you’re known for i.e. kicker on a football
- Why being a CMO today is damn near unfair compared to
- The challenges of bringing up the next crop of professional
- How the psychology of marketing is being devalued over
- In the corporate world your real job is to not get fired.
- The amount of non-billable time that goes into a billable hour
can be significant.
- Digital Marketing is over-glamorized.
3 Key Points:
- It’s better to be a meaningful specific than a wandering
- Follow people, not positions. Stop trying to manipulate search
engines and learn about people.
- You don’t have to be the best in the world; you just have to be
the best in your world.
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice
for you? Get my
Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election
fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken
advantage of. Our
Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long
way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go
to Patreon.com and
check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and
will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned