Jason Falls is a leading digital strategist, author, speaker and thinker in the digital and social media marketing industry. An innovator in conversation research, Falls leads the Conversation Research Institute, a think-tank and consultancy focused on mining online conversations for consumer insight and market research.
Follow Jason on Twitter at @JasonFalls. He can also be found on LinkedIn and https://jasonfalls.com/.
- How Jason was empowered to explore digital marketing in the early days.
- It doesn’t matter how flashy the technology is, you’ll always have to convince clients to commit.
- Why Jason pulled back from speaking as much.
- How the agency model is broken.
- Why Jason has migrated from working with big brands to helping small to medium sized businesses (SMBs).
3 Key Points:
- Trust your instinct. You know more than you think you know.
- It’s never as good as it seems or as bad as it seems.
- The agency model needs to evolve to where the agency is a true partner where there is respect on both sides of the isle, instead of the brand saying jump and the agency saying “how high”.
Conversation Research Institute: Know Your Audience
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)