Jul 4, 2017
In this episode I share the clarity of purpose I gained going on
Howell’s Business of Story podcast. Park helped me tap into my
why and get to the brand statement:
“Temi is the #1 resource to teach you the reality of digital
marketing to propel your career.”
I share the strange but true story of how an unwitting black hat
was spread bad information to REIAs. I also share how my why
closely aligns with wisdom shared by guest Jay Acunzo.
- You’ll learn Temi’s “why” that started his journey.
- How easy it is to be seduced by black hat gurus without even
- The stakes of getting taught black hat tactics from bad
- The importance of contextualizing advice from thought leaders
to your circumstances.
- How my proximity to Kerry O’Shea Gorgone helped me overcome name
discrimination as a Nigerian online.
3 Key Points:
- There’s no such thing as a little black hat; you’re either a
cheater or you aren’t.
- Money is not the only success metric only. Digital Marketing
needs to have higher professional standards.
- Thought Leaders need to give advice contextualized to people’s
situations and access to capital.
Manipurated Book by Daniel Lemin
episode on Jay Baer’s Social Pros podcast
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice
for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond
Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election
fake news outperformed real news on Facebook.
DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to
call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long
way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go
to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels.
You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it!
Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats
connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference,
meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned