Oct 10, 2017
Stratten is a writer and co-creator of content for UnMarketing. She’s also the
The Book of Business Awesome/UnAwesome,
QR Codes Kill Kittens and
UnMarketing. The new book,
UnBranding, is out now! Go get it.
Alsion co-hosts the UnPodcast (one of my favs). UnMarketing is
currently producing their first documentary about public
Follow Alison on Twitter at @UnAlsion. She can also be found
- How Alison’s entrepreneurial journey to create something she
couldn’t find in the market transformed into UnMarketing.
- Why Alison feels often times there’s more to learn from
train-wrecks when things go badly wrong as opposed to when they
- Why she feels overly focusing on new technology can take away
from creating value for your customers. Technology is just a
- The relationship between brand and influencer is complex. It
takes more than metrics. It takes a hard discussion about
- You can’t put a flashy campaign on something that’s worthless
and expect it all to work out.
3 Key Points:
- Success doesn’t have a specific measure. Don’t be intimidated
or overly concerned with ten steps down the road. Enjoy the journey
- Focus on loyalty, not new technology. Quality will always trump
- Social Media metrics alone (followers, likes etc.) are easy to
manipulate and shouldn’t be the only way to evaluate
Get New Show Alters in Facebook Messenger!
Go to http://bit.ly/mdshowbot to sign up.
It’s a chatbot and it’s pretty cool!
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice
for you? Get my
Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election
fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken
advantage of. Our
Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long
way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go
to Patreon.com and
check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and
will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats
connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me
for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned